Seawall Development Company
Miller’s Court, a mixed-use LEED-gold certified project, provides offices for nonprofit organizations and apartments specifically targeted towards teachers who are new to Baltimore, including Teach for America participants. Built in 1874 as a manufacturing site for the American Can Company, the facility is located in the historic Charles Village neighborhood. Moseley Architects designed the conversion of this 75,000-square-foot industrial brick structure into a collaborative and supportive environment, including shared amenity spaces and an exterior courtyard. The 40 loft-style residences and 30,000 square feet of office space coexist in the three- and four-story structure. The project received state and federal historic preservation tax credits and New Market tax credits.
Awards + Recognition
- Environmental Protection Agency National Award for Smart Growth, 2010
- Baltimore Heritage, Preservation Project Award, 2010
- Maryland Historical Trust, Preservation Partnerships Award, 2010
- Commercial Real Estate Development Association Maryland Chapter, Best Historical Renovation, 2010