Henrico County Public Schools
Built in 1954, Pemberton Elementary School required an extensive renovation and expansion to bring the facility up to current Henrico County standards and support future educational programs. The project included an addition for administration and a security vestibule, new HVAC systems, electrical hardware upgrades, and plumbing line replacements. The media center design created a collaborative learning environment with flexible shelving for easy configuration of the space and increased visibility to the corridor. The arts program was relocated from a standard classroom at the end of a wing to a centralized location off the main corridor. An outdoor courtyard was renovated to be more adaptive for collaborative learning. A complete site reconfiguration created a separate bus and vehicular traffic loop with additional parking. It also reactivated the original school entrance, which had been unused for several decades.